It's Been A Long Time Gone ...

Ken M

Well, well,

It's now about two-and-a-half years since my previous post. I threw my doll out of the buggy and screamed. I was never coming back.

But while trying to resurrect a really old PC recently I found an set of back-up files that had some IE favorites, including this one. So I had a quick look. And now being two-and-a-half years older, no wiser, but a bit calmer, I'm creeping back in.

Nothing to contribute (yet) - just saying "Hi".
I wonder, will anyone let me play with them this time?

Ken

The last thread Ken M posted in somehow reminds me of the crazy question thread that I've managed to stay out of. This might get interesting.

If people didn't complain about typos and politics, maybe the old timers would stick around long enough to teach the newbies like me. I never really understood arguing on the interent,"oh no, you've been insulted/disagree with whats been said on the internet, time to flame!" especially at a forum such as this, we are grown men. Lets talk PLCs and automation, and leave the drama to the wives!

Although reading posts that consist of " My PLC has blinking fault light, how do I fix?" or "I need serial number for 5000$ software" Does **** me off. lol

What made you left last time, Ken?

My pet peeve is the attitude displayed by some of the homework crowd. I love helping, that's why I'm here but the entitled and ****y attidude by a small minority of HW folks irritate the heck out of me. I have to resist the urge to say this career path is not for you.

I have to resist the urge to say this career path is not for you.

Don't. Young people that have no desire to do thier own work and would rather use Google to find a premade answer have no business being in this field.

I'm still in college and I see it everyday. The worst part is the hands on stuff these guys are capable of is a joke, and they still manage to pass! "What do you mean I can't plug L1 to here?" "Umm, because thats ground!"

I would like to say welcome back Ken even if I amm new here!
Andy6 I concure, I just got out of school and the more challing it got the more they amped up the cheating. my favorite line from them was Hey man did you do the assignment"YES" lettme borrow you thumb drive GRRRRRRRR
Joel

Wow, i just followed most of that old thread...we really had a lot more dikkheads on the forum back in those times, huh?

And Welcome Back Ken...don't be a victim of the illusion of cyber-rude-ness ;) That's what the ignore feature is for.

pieace

Welcome back Ken. Quitting this forum is a lot like quitting smoking. You think its OK to light one up for old times sake and before you know it you're back to a pack a day...
That's so true, but for me there's no comparison. I stopped smoking several times for over a years once, but there's no possible way I can go a week without littering herer (loitering)...I need to pull a Ken/Ron B. vacation myself..two weeks should be plenty too. go hiking, gas and battery powered with nary a cell phone for a week, awol down by a lake or creeek can we get anuther her-i-caine, PLEAZE?