Logix AOP install problem: "Either every version on this media has been installed..."

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Logix AOP install problem: "Either every version on this media has been installed..."

Hello. I have tracked the cause of my problem in my previous post to the inability to install the required add-on profile. Because the previous post is too long and has many screenshots, I start this new one hoping new eyes with past experience may read this post.
When I try to install the AOP even on PCs where I have never previously installed this AOP at the end of the installation the below message is shown:
"Either every version on this media has been installed or would be a downgrade of a version already installed "
As a result nothing gets installed, and thus I am unable to configure the armour blocks. Something is causing the installer of the AOP that nothing should be installed.
Is there a way to launch this AOP installer, say from am administrator (elevated) command prompt with some switch (I have tried /f without success) that can force the installation of the AOP?

The discovery feature in Logix indicates that the profile is not installed. So, my only hope is to be able to install this add-on profile.

2022-06-02ProfileNotInstalled.png

AOP feature, i remember this **** so many times. Where the AOP does not install correctly. First of all can you see it on rslinx? Can you upload the eds thru rslinx?
If you can then when your offline, it will tell you all the aop versions installed in the io config tree. Under module definition , Revision level tells you all that are installed. Do you see a revision 3 there? If not install it. If you dont then you have a corrupt file.

Guess your question is how do i fix the corrupt file that got installed?

Guess your question is how do i fix the corrupt file that got installed?
That is the question indeed. I do have a contract with RA. Let's see how they help. I see this problem in more than one PC. And I learned where within the Rockwell Software installation folder this profile is, and it is indeed installed. Something must have got corrupted with some defective installation. Now I see this can happen to others. Thanks for the comment. Will post the fix, if I get one.

No luck with RA paid support this morning. I think I learned where Rockwell Software installs the add-on profiles. it seems that the profiles for the IO that I want to configure are indeed installed. Thus I do not understand why Logix Designer says the profiles are not installed.
Folder seems to be:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Module Profiles\RA 1732EQC Discrete

ProfileInstallation.png