Jumping Water Flumes

I often read hold posts. Wow, this one looked like a really fun project.

So! What's been going on since last year?

Caveman, can you give us an update.

Actually, this would be a fun project. Get to use random number generators (discussed in another post and not that difficult to do), shift registers, timers using registers from the random number generator as a reference, etc etc.
I have done one of these before but it was a little boring. All the times were fixed.
I would like to program one of those water displays that incorporates random jets, rising and falling cascades, rising and falling wall of water etc. Lots of fun ramping analogue outputs to drive valves partly open and closed via a shift register using data stored in a table to give the rise and fall of water.
:geek:

Still wishing,

Sorry, but I haven't got anything done on it :( . After
spending about a month this spring rip rapping and
moving dirt n planting grass to get my yard to look
like a yard. 60+ hrs a week OT and my son's games, there
ain't no time.

But, I have decided to make this project portable since
we plan to move soon and I don't want to mess my new yard.
This plan makes changes much more possible.

The plan now is to use a 8' X 24' trailor that used to
be a camper. The games ended last night and hopefully
the OT will be reduced too (probably not though).

Me thinks work may want to use it as the Christmas float.
:unsure: Float/water jets, hmm. makes sense.

If I just had a Laptop so I wouldn't have to drag the
pc out there.

Last edited:
This is too funny. I am doing this right now. Just tested my first vale and started to build my second valve last night. I plan to test using a micrologix 1000 maybe this weekend.

FYI My personal opinon is to build your own valve. Mine are very easy to build and don't look all thant bad when in operation. If I can get some footage of this I will post.

Thanks,
Bob

Caveman said:
Me thinks work may want to use it as the Christmas float.

Hmmm, Christmas... Kentucky... :unsure:

Yeah, I guess that's far enough south that you won't have to add ice melting equipment to the reciever end... :ROFLMAO:

beerchug

-Eric

almouna

Dear
hello
i interest in musical water fountain i'm a student at marmara university in istanbul / turkey
my project about musical water fountain simulations , applications and control systems.
i have 5 pumps (5700LT/h , 120watt)
5 nozzles grups
5 solenoid valves fast acting
AC - DC power suply
synchronized circuit
and plc
i need software for plc would any one help me please
many thanks

haytham awata
[email protected]

Well I think this one should get our annual Lazarus prize for the longest dead thread revived - 1122 days. Impressive.

Sorry, I know nothing about musical water activities.

Regards

Ken

Progress ???

Ken M said:
Well I think this one should get our annual Lazarus prize for the longest dead thread revived - 1122 days. Impressive.

Sorry, I know nothing about musical water activities.

Regards Ken

What I am curious about is DID he build it??

Dan Bentler

Greetings almouna ...

and welcome to the forum ... you will need to tell us the brand (manufacturer) and model number of your PLC in order for us to help you select the software ... each brand - and many models - all use different software ...

also ... it would be a good idea to start your own forum thread before going too much further with this project ... as others have mentioned, this thread is quite old ... you'll get better response with a new one of your own ...

good luck with your project ...

musical water fountain

Dear Ron Beauford

many many thanks for you becuse conform my e- mail and reply to me
my PLC Delta DVP - 16 EH
i shal be glad if you will help me
thanks
yours

haytham awata
istanbul turkey

Greetings Haytham ...

I'm sorry but I have no experience with that brand of PLC ... I recommend that you start a new thread (as shown below) and let all of the forum members have a chance to help you ... the more information you post, the better chance you will have of getting detailed assistance ...

new_thread.JPG

good luck with your project ...