Kinetix 300 Motion Help

d21x

I have a Kinetix 300 2097-V34PR3 using a Compactlogix L35E over Ethernet.

I have a motion application on a Rotary Indexer that I am having problems with. Here's what I want the motion to do:

1. Move from 0 degrees to 270 degrees and stop.
2. Output signal that it is a 270 degrees.
3. Move from 270 degrees to 360 degrees and stop.
4. Output signal that it is at 360 degrees. This position is the same as the home position.

It will cycle between 0 - 270 - 360. Is the best way to do this is in Indexing mode with an Incremental move?

Also how can I get the Kinetix 300 to output that it is at 0/360 and 270 degrees? I'm not sure if there is an output that it is at Index0 or Index1. I would try to read the position, but that position is going to keep accumulating and will eventually rollover so I'm not sure if I want my PLC to read that and calculate if it is at 0/360 or 270 degrees.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

I would try to use the index move. Rockwell has some sample programs for the kinetix 300 you should take a look at if you haven't already (download from the ab site). You can get fancy and use the msg to write to the index (the rockwell sample code works just fine for that), or just use the kinetix web page setup for the indexes.

Also read the 2097 manual for the kinetix 300. You can write some simple logic in the plc so that when you see the drive index, you know its in progress, and then there is a status bit for motion complete (not exactly sure what its exactly called) so that you can run your outputs when you are in position.

I would try to get your unit scaling to .1 or .01 degrees (however accurate you need) so that your engineering units are easy to define moves and speeds for your dynamics.

Good luck.

Homing the K300

Hey Ya'll
I'm using the indexing AOI In a compact LOGIX L43
the indexing works great and is easy to use however I am having an issue doing a homing routine and switching back to indexing. I really don't to read this whole pdf đź“š and spend two or three more days on this if I don't have to. any suggestions?
I am looking to do it only with Enet I/P
Murph

Last edited: