Koyo analog program

I do see I made a programming mistake between rungs 14 and 15. Should be another rung showing a measurement of 17.898mm.
This does off set things a little.

Steve Ackerman said:
using 8192 scaled points.
No, because you went and scaled that to only 1000 points. Therefore, the unscaled (analog input) needs to change by at least 8.192 points before the scaled output sees any difference. The analog card is able to see a 2.44mv change, but after scaling, you're blind to anything less than almost 20mv... :(

What is the resolution of the Keyence sensor? IOW, ±10V = ± how many microns?

🍻

-Eric

Steve Ackerman said:
I do see I made a programming mistake between rungs 14 and 15. Should be another rung showing a measurement of 17.898mm.
This does off set things a little.
It also confuses me. A micron should be Ĺłm, a millionth of a meter. mm is millimeter, one thousandths of a meter.

I wondered where the 1000 came in, are you thinking in the correct terms?

Resdoran: okay, I don't have the symbols (I would use "um" for a micron) that makes it difficult for some people, as I have learned. The metric system is the metric system.
i.e. 17.001 um = 17.001 mm

Resdoran / Eric - Both are right - I just don't fully understand. I used 1000 just to move the decmal point. I tried 10000 but this is to large a value to input. I thought about using LDD V... 10000 and then MUL by V... --- but never went that far, not knowing if that would work anyway.
As you can tell - both of you know much more about it that I do.
As mentioned before going to serial - I am hoping that I can just echo the micrometer value to the plc but if I have to scale that output from the micrometer, I will end up with the same problem.

Steve Ackerman said:
Bernie: The Keyence LS-7001 has a digital (in metric) readout on the controller. I am hoping that the rs-232 output will mirror this result. This will be much easier because this all has to end up being sent to a computer for data acquisition.
I don't have much time each day to work on this so the process is a bit slow.
If I can make it work it will be a real application.

i wrote a program in VB6 to talk to a Keyence across its 232 port. it was not talking to a plc but a pc,

you can send a asci code (X0) (i think) to the Keyence and it will constantly output the measurement on its 232 port.

i might be wrong (i normally am), if you want to read this in your PLC you will need a asci input card.