KOYO DL05 as Master /DL06 as slave

sherman4

Hi

I am trying to communicate a Koyo DL05 PLC as a master (RS232 - DirectNet) with a DL06 (slave). It seems that the DL05 is unable to reach the slave (it starts to read memory addresses from itself.. sort of a weird respose), even thought that I have given the DL06 the Port address 1.

If it works backwards (having the DL06 as master), why can´t I get the DL05 to act as the master?

I appreciate any help. Thanks

I'm not sure that you can use a DL06 as a slave to a DL05 master. This may be due the fact that the I/0 range of the DL06 is greater than the DL05. You may need to place code in the DL06 that would be driven by the DL05. In turn this code would drive the DL06 I/O.

For example: write to the Vmem in the DL06 that would drive a range of "C" relays. In the DL06 use contacts on these "C" relays to drive your outputs.

The DL06 inputs would be read in reverse fashon.

Remember that the DL05 can only communicate via RS232, so check your port 2 settings on the DL06 so that they match the DL05.

Check out this example on ADCs website.
http://support.automationdirect.com/examples.html#com

File name: EP-COM-005

Good luck with it.

We've used 05 as master to 05 slaves, so I don't know why you couldn't go to an 06. Are you sure your regisisters for the communications channels etc. are right? Have you tried going the other way (06 to 05) just to test the program and cabling?

I don't see any reason for it not to work offhand. RX statements are not limited in the fact of pointing to plcs with larger memory footprints, otherwise MODBUS addressing would never work.

Take a look at the example as Tom suggested. If you are still having trouble, perhaps a call or email to AutomationDirect Tech Support will help you out.