Lab setup for 10 students

Denesh

Thanks for all advice on setting up lab for students

My objective is to start to train motor controllers then integrate plcs and ladder logic

Would prefer some free software models

Thanks for all advice on setting up lab for students

My objective is to start to train motor controllers then integrate plcs and ladder logic

Would prefer some free software models

I interpret the free software models as being free software, and not previously engineered systems.

I have no idea if Automation Direct ships to your location, but most of their software is free.

Some components for what you want to do are fairly low cost, but there is always a price to everything.

If you become successful with your class, make that Creme Brulee for your class on a success date, It's all worth it if you stick to it.

For motor controls (VFDs, particularly) I'd get a Fluke 87V at the very least. 289 is a plus.

You and your students will be able to pull the frequency from the motor leads and learn basic troubleshooting with a known safe tool.