LADSIM Program help

Crumpet

Hi all,

Firstly I am a complete novice with plc, just started a course so I know this problem is super basic for those with any experience. I have been given a simple timed light program which I need transfer onto LADSIM to simulate. However a number of the symbols don't match up in LADSIM. Would anyone be kind enough to modify the diagram so that it can be copied into LADSIM? It seems the format is different and it's really throwing me off. I've attached the diagram below. All the best

Screenshot_20220301-223008.jpg

So what about LADSIM is throwing you off? Because it would be better if you converted it yourself. It looks like the program was written for AB hardware.

What symbols don't match? Because it looks like you have 4 altogether.

-||-

N.O Normally open
-|\|-

N.C Normally closed
-()-

Coil
and TON, which is Timer on delay.

We don't like doing homework for you, we'll help you get the right answer so you learn.

Symbols was the wrong word, should have said functions that ladsim doesn't appear to have. For example, ladsim doesn't have a timer timing relay nor B3 which I believe is AB yes. Not looking for anyone "to do homework for me" as the program is already written, that should be quite self evident. Just looking for some help understanding the conversion so I am able to simulate it with what's available to me..

I took a quick look at the LADSIM simulator. The LADSIM equivalent to the TON instruction appears to be the TMR instruction. I don't know if or how LADSIM presents the .DN and .TT bits associated with each timer. You'll have to compare the LADSIM documentation with the Logix documentation to figure that out. The Logix I:0/x and O:0/x bits are inputs and outputs in LADSIM. The Logix B3 bits are internals in LADSIM.

Quick look is that they also have .dn bits for the timers too.

Well let's start with the inputs, we have I:0/0 and I:0/1. which would be the first 2 digital inputs on the first slot, what's the equivalent to them in ladsim?

OT but a good opportunity for learning:

Depending how LADSIM works, there is probably no need for the -]/[- T4:3/DN instructions on the feeds rungs to the TON/TMR instructions for T4:1, T4:2, and T4:3.

The timers are cascaded i.e. stacked: T4:1 starts after T4:0 expires, T4:2 after T4:1, etc..

So when T4:3 expires, then

• T4:3/DN will become 1, and
  • the -]/[- T4:3/DN instruction on the feed rung to T4:0 will evaluate to false
    • and reset T4:0,
  • so T4:0/DN will become 0,
    • and reset T4:1, ...
and so on up the stack.

Having them there does no harm, but it does make the code more cluttered than it needs to be and harder to read when doing diagnostics.

inputs IP ( AB = I, Mitsubishi = X, Siemens = I or E)
Outputs OP(AB = 0, Mitsi = Y, Siemens = Q or A)
flags F (Auxiliary Relays) (AB = B, Mitsi = M, Siemens = F or M)
Timers T (for most either T or TON (turn on) probably only ones on the sim)
Counter C (these can be used count up or count down) (CU CD, C, CNT etc.
The simulator is very basic but this should get you started.