Laptop for PLC/SCADA Programmers??

Timbo.
Yes, I was thinking about the newer units. For sure it is nice in terms of ruggedness. But the HP is rugged enough for my purposes, and it weighs half the weight of a Siemens PG. I travel so much that I would absolutely hate to carry twice the load around. And if it is lost (stolen, dropped into a tank, painted all over - these things have happened), it would cost a fraction of the Siemens PG to replace.

Boy!!!

You guys got it so easy...
Desktop PC (IBM AT - can't remember the model), 14" CRT monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Try dragging that lot up a 30 foot gantry to the control panel!
:)

Paulus said:
Boy!!!

Desktop PC (IBM AT - can't remember the model), 14" CRT monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Awww, but it will keep you fit :)

Nice! At least you only went with the 14 ;-)

Paulus said:
Boy!!!

That's quite an upgrade! The T40's a great machine. Would run near the top of my list with toughbooks if money wasn't a factor (besides some monster custom gaming laptops that would make you feel silly the next year)

Paulus said:
State of the Art back then!:p...

Oh! and it's an IBM T40 laptop nowadays.

Laptops!

Can anyone remember that Allen Bradley "portable"?
Was that an AB T45 or something?
Amber CRT display if I remember rightly.
I think it was bigger than the Siemens PG675/85's and needed a coalman to carry it!!! (coalman may only be a Brit thing?!)
Rich