Large HMI?

mgibbons

Hi-

Does anyone know of a touchscreen HMI capable of communicating with an AB Micrologix 1100 that has a 17" (or larger) screen? Everything I've looked at, including AD's C-More, Red Lion, ProFace, and even the dreaded PV+, seems to top out at 15". As long as I'm asking, I'd like Ethernet on it, too.

I'm putting together a controls upgrade for an old machine, and the client has asked if I can give 'em something larger than the 15" touchscreen I quoted. Honestly, this seems to be more about the "cool" factor than about resolution or graphics. The application is pretty straightforward, and the screens won't be particularly complex, I think the guy just wants a big screen. I suppose I can always go panel PC and write something custom, but that should probably be a last resort.
Thanks,
--Mike

Check Parker (CTC). They are very good screens. Very easy to setup and the best tech support I have ever worked with. Plus the training is FREE!

FactoryPMI would work well for that. For that matter, you're really wandering into the software HMI realm with an industrial touchscreen interface. About any package should work - avoid writing custom software for such an application.

Check out Industrial Image and Hope Industrial for reasonably priced industrial touch screen displays.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. Hadn't even thought about Parker/CTC, I've got my local distributor looking for a price. Surferb, I agree- this is getting into the PC/software realm at this size; in fact, that's really what the CTC product is, isn't it? Maybe the better issue to tackle is asking the client what he thinks an extra 2" diagonal is going to get him....:confused:

Kind of depends where you want to go and what your user's requirements are. If it's simple touch screen control on one terminal I'd tend to stick with an appliance/"panelview" style device. Software based solutions excel with concurrent or remote access and things like trending, reporting, historical access, etc.

CTC has several versions and there software is free, kind of. The trial version of interact and interactX are full version demos, they just limit the session to 30 minutes. I have worked on CTC's for years off the demo version. I also went to there free training class in Milford, OH. Well worth it. I would use CTC over anybody out there! CTC is no different then RSView. COmm setup is a snap!