Lauer PCS 950 error

sylwek

Hello,

We have for over 20 years on one of our devices LAUER PCS 950 panel, connected to the PLC S5-115U.
2 days ago after switching on the power supply,the panel failed, and a message is displayed on it:
"INVALID CHECKSUM OF FIRMWARE CPU 1"

What does it mean and how to fix it ???

Hi sylwek.

It sounds like your HMI/ PC Panel has detected an anomaly in your PLC.

What is the status of the PLC? Start/Stopped? Error/ Error Free?

Im not sure about S5 series- but maybe you need to check the diagnostic buffer?

Regards

Daniel

I worked on some of these many years ago, I far as I know the HMI would not check the 115 CPU for errors, however it could be possible. I suspect this means that the HMI has detected an error in it's own hardware, try booting the HMI without a connection to PLC, if it comes up with the same message I bet it's the HMI. I would expect if no PLC connected then the HMI would report error on Com x or no connection with PLC. If the latter then it could be the plc.
If the PLC has a hardware error then I would expect it to go into stop (RED light flashing).