Learning indexing servos by reverse engineering a system

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a customer that wants to convert about 7 to 10 1398 Servos to 2098. They have both PDM and DDM versions. They would like to standardize on 1 family of drives.

So here is my question is if I have a 12.466” Circumference roll with an 8:1 gear ratio from the motor and 2000 PPR encoder on the motor does that give me a 0.00077” per pulse of the encoder? I think so, but I don’t know motion systems
Thanks for your help

Similar Topics

I've gotten to the learning curve where I can program a call for pump to come on at set point but I'm not sure how to turn the same pump off when...
Replies
Views
I want to pick up an Allen Bradley PLC so I can practice writing programs. I have 10 years as a maintenance tech and a good understanding of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have started a new chapter in my career with a local company. a lot of their plc's is omron and i have the cx version 9.75 software...
Replies
Views
Can you guys recommend a course or book for my son to start learning PLC programming? He’s telling me he’s thinking of taking some $100 course...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have recently had the opportunity to dabble in TIA portal for the first time. Been working in automation for almost a decade now and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom