Least expensive AB PLC with ethernet/IP

PLC

What's the least expensive AB PLC with ethernet/IP?
and part number
Is there a complete system available? A brink type
I don't need I/O
I just want to plug it in and use for a test

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:
What exactly do you want to test ?

There are a handful of differences in the protocols and functionality that Allen-Bradley controllers support on Ethernet.

The difference between doing data table reads and writes over unscheduled messaging (like MicroLogix can) and doing Produced/Consumed Tags and I/O connections over cyclic data exchange (like ControlLogix can) is a major thing.

The least expensive A-B controller "with EtherNet/IP" is the MicroLogix 1100.

The least expensive A-B controller with a full suite of EtherNet/IP functions in the ControlLogix family is the CompactLogix 1769-L16ER.

There are a handful of differences in the protocols and functionality that Allen-Bradley controllers support on Ethernet.

The difference between doing data table reads and writes over unscheduled messaging (like MicroLogix can) and doing Produced/Consumed Tags and I/O connections over cyclic data exchange (like ControlLogix can) is a major thing.

The least expensive A-B controller with a full suite of EtherNet/IP functions in the ControlLogix family is the CompactLogix 1769-L16ER.

Technically the new Micro 820 will speak Ethernet/IP but that is a stretch.

Damn cheap at $225 with downloadable CCW.

So I guess to control a 3rd party drive over Ethernet IP I will need compact logix
That's a shame

Why is needing a controller with the appropriate features "a shame" ?

If this is just a test, borrow a demo from your local RA office or distributor. That's what I would do.

I was hoping a could control a drive over Ethernet IP using a low cost controller like I do with Siemens s71200 and profinet

I was hoping a could control a drive over Ethernet IP using a low cost controller like I do with Siemens s71200 and profinet

What kind/model of drive are you wanting to use?

Siemens g120 using Ethernet IP

I want to experiment with aoi etc

I have to first figure out what products do what

Last edited: