Legend plate engraving

Keystone

Lifetime Supporting Member
How many of you engrave your own Pushbutton legend plates. If so what do you use? Looking at something that can engrave PB plates and plastic signage plates.

We had an engraving machine at a previous job and I was tasked with making plates quite often. The little machine was somewhat high maintenance and I ended up making way too many signs for a sister plant, so we shipped them the machine and started buying ours from a local trophy shop. Much simpler for us at that time.

Now at this job, I found Carolina Laser which I have found to be excellent, fast, and fairly priced.

https://www.legend-plates.com/

They're great if you decide you don't need to have your own machine. You can design the plate right on their webpage and save and repeat orders.

I have 2 rotary engravers and now have a laser l. I will never use the rotary again as long as I have a laser.

We had an engraving machine at a previous job and I was tasked with making plates quite often. The little machine was somewhat high maintenance and I ended up making way too many signs for a sister plant, so we shipped them the machine and started buying ours from a local trophy shop. Much simpler for us at that time.

Now at this job, I found Carolina Laser which I have found to be excellent, fast, and fairly priced.

They're great if you decide you don't need to have your own machine. You can design the plate right on their webpage and save and repeat orders.

2nd for Carolina Laser, I use them whenever I need anything engraved. They give you a live preview, low cost, and quick.

I usually think about the time involved with doing something our self on top of the cost of the machine. How much time am I going to spend learning how the machine works, setting it up, managing materials, etc. vs how much we pay to have something done for us.

I'm not ordering very many of these, 10-20 at a time sporadically through the year.

4th for Carolina Laser, we've used them for years.... Zero complaints.....

Last edited:
For the price and headache Carolina Laser would be theveay to go versus owning your own laser. A full sheet laser is $10k ish. You can get smaller lasers for $5k but the sheets have to be cut. At a price of $5.50 a tag it takes a loooong time to justify a purchase of your own laser. I wouldn't waste my time on a rotary engraver for anything.

I just received these last week from Carolina Laser. They do good work. All were exact to my AutoCAD drawing, even the d-shaped cutouts for the BNC connectors.

attachment.php

Carolina Laser Example_2.jpg