level switch vs pressure switch for dry run protection

Very good point about the process media Tom. We've all made a few assumptions here!

We have also used proximity switches on the swing arm of non-return valves for a flow indication. Works well for fixed speed pumps. Does require a particular type of NR though and can be a bit fiddly if the flow is low compared to the size of the pipe, i.e. non return valve is only fractionally opened by the passing flow.

Similar Topics

Dear, For protecting the pump against dry running, it is better to use low level switch in the tank or pressure switch on the suction side? I...
Replies
Views
dear, i am assigning start/stop levels for the sump pump, i was wondering what is the minimum differential level that can be used when a float...
Replies
Views
Dear all, i have LS1200 murphy used for suction scrubber (connected NC contacts to 1756-IQ16 card) and the question is: when i triggered switch...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I wrote a Program on Tank Over fill Protection system. There are Five Tanks/Five Rosemount 2120 Level switch inputs and One Audio...
Replies
Views
Dear, I am trying to size level switch contact rating for a specific application. we will be using multilin 469 as below...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom