Limited Selections of Modules to Select in StudioLogix

plccontrols

When attempting to add IO modules to the backplane of a Guardlogix controller (5069-L330ERMS), there are only 18 modules from which to select, and only very basic ones. No safety modules are listed. I can't seem to find any information on how to add module profiles. If I select another type of PLC, such as a regular Compactlogix, I get a selection of 66 modules. Incidentally, If I try to add a module to the Ethernet tree, I have 612 from which to choose. I'm working offline as the panels are not yet constructed so I can't use the Module Discovery feature...if that would work anyway.

When searching this problem online, I was only able to find an instance from years ago where it appeared someone had this same issue and it was suggested the program was corrupted and had to be reinstalled. He did this to no avail. Everything seems to be functioning correctly with my installation, that I have been using since 2017. I tried reinstalling the Studiologix version I'm using (without uninstalling), but it failed on errors. Regardless, I did not see any checkboxes indicating specific preferences for installing module profiles, as was also suggested in the old post.

I did see something about issues with 5069 cat numbers, so maybe someone could expand on that? If I have to uninstall/reinstall to regain these selections, so be it, but I don't want to spend hours only to be back to square one, or worse, damaging other Rockwell software with dependencies on certain files. I've not created a Guardlogix program from scratch before, so maybe I'm missing something else?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Does your Studio 5000 have the GuardLogix license?

To check open Studio5000, then click on help, then about, then more info, this will tell you what licenses you have installed.

Last edited:
I believe it does. I have the full edition and in the 'More Info' section of the 'About' box, it does mention 'Guardlogix Editor' along with all the language editors. If I recall correctly, I didn't go for the Professional version because I already had RSNetworx and that was the only major difference.