Load program to Micrologix 1500

After Ken posted his note about the utility, I got on Rockwell's site and found it. Took a little digging to get there. Under the support tab, go to Product Compatibility & Download center. In the search bar type in Micrologix and about halfway down the list is the Micrologix download utility that will lead you to download "MLDU.FW.exe". Gave it a test spin and works like a champ. Hope this helps.

Wow, glad you got it figured out! So now that you have the MLDU program, can you keep using it forever? Is it freely distributable or is it licensed to just you like RSLogix?

The tech e-mailed it to me with no instructions or any kind of an EULA, so I am keeping it. Don't know if I should share it with others or not. I don't think it is an official program as far as most of the AB techs I talked to knew nothing about it. It evidently used to be on the old AB site, but has been removed on the new one.
EDIT: Should have read the next post before responding, sounds like you can find it. It sure saved our bacon, I will keep it in my bag of tricks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. I found it and it seems to be a nice little tool to have.

If you have a piece of OEM equipment that has a micrologix in it and the OEM doesn't want to give you the password. They can just just send you the file and you can load it with this. Pretty cool.