Logix 5000 source protection

R_C

Has anyone used source protection on a routine with RSLogix5000 V15.0. I have tried loading the .exe file from the tools folder on the Rockwell DVD for source protection but I cannot get it to work.

Yep , it works !! please be careful about software you install after you install source protection - I made the mistake of installing a media player without watch what I was doing , which changed the association of the .dat file generated , which disasterous result - (yes I know it was silly)

The source protection that I am referring to is an .exe on the RSLogix 5000 install CD. It is under the tools folder on the CD.

I have ran the app and it doesn’t seem to do anything.

How did you get it to work?

I don't have L5K on my home machine but from memory its under "Tools"....."Security". There should certainly be a help file in one of the online manuals.