Logix Designer shutting down on "Low Memory"???

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Morning all

Its the third time for this to happen. Logix is shutting down.

It happens when I press the "Help" button. It will splash a warning "Not enough memory to perform function", then "POOF" gone.

Again, it happened three times, but the last time tried to reopen it notified that my project was still open and only one active file can be open at a time, then offered me a read only.

Good thing I am a "save Junkie", I didn't loose much.

I have read the online manual for 5K and searched several forums, including this one, ( could be asking the wrong question!!!) but turned up nother.

Does anyone have a pointer for this issue.

Any and all appreciated

Thank you for your time

I got in a hurry. Sorry for the lack of info James

I'm not running a VM , It's Dell Inspiron, upgraded to 32 gig ram and 2 terabyte hard. I usually don't push over 10 gig on the ram.

Is there a setting in Logix that, Defines the memory size allocation , Because I seem to have plenty

Thank for the response

Navigate to C:\Program Files\ Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\vXY\Help

where XY is the RLS5K revision level which's Help Menu crashes the application; Windows Explorer navigation folder View options should include "Hidden" type files.

Delete the RS5000.GID file located within.

You've probably installed newer RSL5K Help files related to the same Major Firmware; it is a Windows OS issue rather than Rockwell.

This just keeps getting better and better........

I found it. It was under prog 86\studio 5000\. with 6 compiled HTML help files.

Started going thru the properties of the v.29 securities and windows thru up this......
"The permissions on v 29 are incorrectly ordered, which may cause some entries to be ineffective."

I opened each one of the properties in the HTML folders and all were assigned to SYSTEM.

Open up v29 and it's assigned to the computer. Evidently not the same thing. I tried to change it to system, and it went into a death loop for 15 minutes. so I canceled.

If it happens again, I'll remove the rs5000 help file. Begrudgingly, I need all the help I can get.

Thank you all for pointing me inthe right direction.