[Logix] MSG instruction giving 16#0005 error, not sure why

Is there a reason you can't just write the data from the ControlLogix?

I have not tried that. My main concern there is if I have a write failure too many times, it may cause a fault in the L73 controller which could affect all of my control systems (pretty much all inclusive) in my utilities plant. I am not sure of what a write failure would do in my primary system (L73 processor). IF I have read failures in the secondary system (L19ER processor) and it causes a fault, it only affects a single system.

I may give that a try and see how it goes.

Similar Topics

I'm using a SLC typed write from the ControlLogix5572 to the MicroLogix 1400, with path: 2, (MicroLogix IP). The ControlLogix equipment has a...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to configure the MSG instruction in CompactLogix to communicate with another CompactLogix in online mode or should the PLC be in...
Replies
Views
I have two 1769-L32E Compact Logix PLC controllers. One the remote plc I have two msg instructions setup to read two separate ESD tags from the...
Replies
Views
In the few examples that I have seen on AB's website, the MSG instruction is triggered continuously; as soon as it's done, it is re-triggered. It...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I need some help setting up a MSG instruction to transmit 10 bits of data from a compact Logix processor to a micrologix 1400. I have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom