Logix Tag based Alarms and FTView SE 11

cardosocea

Hello,

I have an application with a CLX L8 running under firmware V31 and an instance of FTView SE version 11.

I configured a logix based alarm in the PLC for testing, but it won't show up in the alarm banner in FTView. There's no filtering enabled, but still nothing.

Do you know if perhaps this doesn't work at all in these versions or if I'm perhaps missing something? The FT Alarms and Events doesn't have anything I can see to point to the L8 alarm processing and from the PLC, there doesn't seem to be anything either.

Since the new revision of PlantPAX and V33 makes use of the Logix based alarms I thought that this would be possible to do, but discouraged.

Anyone had any luck with this so far?

Have you enabled Alarms and Events in FactoryTalk Linx/RSLinx Enterprise? Then in the Device Shortcut have you told it to subscribe to all Alarm & Events?

OG

FTAE.jpg

Hello,
I had the Enable Alarm and Event Support ticked on FactoryTank Linx. It wasn't active on the device shortcut though. However, I don't have a choice for All Alarms and Events notifications and instead there's just a Yes/No question.

I've changed that to Yes, but still no luck there either. Is this the sort of thing that needs a restart?

I think version 12 is where the wording changed. Prior to that I believe the option was just Yes/No. Frankly, capturing that screenshot was the first time I had noticed that change :).

I have found that sometimes a change to the A&E settings have required a restart to Linx in order for the messages to start appearing. I usually just reboot the machine, but restarting the service should do the trick.

OG

Silly... I remembered as well that this feature timestamps the alarms in the controller... so wondered how would the server display them if the time in the controller was "off".

Sure enough, the PLC was living in 1999. After putting him on a Delorean and hitting 88 mph, the alarms started popping up.

The alarm list does need to have the scope added to catch alarms from FactoryTalk Linx (my AE Server is in a different area, so doesn't go through that way).