Logix5000 MSG

dmgonsior83

Hello,

I have a Compact 5380 trying to communicate to a Micrologix 1400. I'm trying to access the input and output data. But when I enter O0:0 or I1:0 into the source element, it errors out stating there's an invalid remote element for SLC message type.

Question is, how am I able to access input and output card data from the Micrologix?

Thanks in advance.

The Input and Output data files are intentionally blocked from external communications and/or the addressing syntax is a little special because of how the MicroLogix expansion I/O works.

Copy the data you want into an Integer (N) or Boolean (B) data file in your MicroLogix program and read that file.

Similar Topics

Hello All! First Post! What is the "Timed Out" Check Box used for on the MSG instruction in Logix5000? This check box is located under the...
Replies
Views
My question is regarding RSLogix5000"s MSG instruction. I am an automation tech. Our "Start_Command" bit turns on a motor. At one point, the...
Replies
Views
I recently had to change the way my MSG instructions were connecting via ethernet radios; I originally had the remote PLCs in the I/O of the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys! I've been asked to make a simple interface to change parameters in a VFD (Danfoss), it is quite simple done using the MSG instruction...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I got a Compactlogix5332E, and I am going to use MSG to send a data, the problem I have now is when I push the configuration button of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom