Logixpro Batch simulator

Hi Lancie dont want be pain in the backside but when I copy system run light XIC places when you directed me the tank overflows.

Yes, you cannot do all things with one instruction. The Run Light is to shut down when stop is pressed. That function is a different one than you are asking about now.

To keep tank from overflowing, you must use Flowmeter 1 to control Pump 1 and Flowmeter 2 to control Pump 2.

To control Pump 3: ADD Flowmeter 1 and Flowmeter 2 together, then move that setting to Counter 3 Preset. Then use Flowmeter 3 to Count Down Counter 3.

I got my new program but I can`t reset my counters. I dont know why . And I still can not stop the process when pump3 is draining?

good.jpg

Tomasek,

1. Download the attached "Batch Simulator-Tomasek" ZIP file.
2. Unzip (extract) the LogixPro file and save it on your computer.
3. Start LogixPro and "Open" the file.
4. "Download to PLC" .
5. Select LogixPro menu "Simulations", then "Batch Simulator"
6. Set Thermostat at 48 degrees
7. Set A-B-C Selector switch to "B" for Continuous operation, (A for one batch).
8. Switch from "Program" to "Run" mode.
9. Press "Start" button.

Once you see that the program runs, then go back and figure out why it works (where yours does not), then look for ways to improve it. For example, I scrambled the rungs to match YOUR last program, but it should be obvious that they should be ordered by the STEP numbers.

Also, try to find why the tank High Level switch does not go on. Hint: You made a slight error when you rounded off the Setpoints for Flowmeter 1 and Flowmeter 2. The "High Level" is 306, not 305, so you need to increase one of your setpoints by 1 in order fill the tank completely.

Last edited:
The closest you can get to 70% for Pump 1 is 214.
The closest you can get to 30% for Pump 2 is 092.
------------------------------- Tank Full Level = 306

Actually the usual way to obtain a decimal place in an integer world is to multiply all setpoints by 10, then use those numbers in your counters.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I m doing the same simulation (batch mix) and I m finding some problems in the process of mixing. In my application, once the tank is full I have to mix it for 1minute, then heat it up to 50 degrees and after it reaches the temperature I have to mix it again for 1minute. The problem that I noticed in my ladder diagram is that I cannot put in the ladder diagram the output of the mixing twice. Can some one help me please to find a solution for this ?
Thanks in advance.

Just zip and attach your ladder to a post here. We'll be glad to help spot the error. Most problems like you are describing come from trying to use the physical output address twice. What is normally done is that each rung that calls for that output uses a "B" bit output. Next each of those "B" bits are used in a new rung to form an "OR" type rung where each is in a parallel branch to energize the physical output.

See attached sample:

Last edited:
sorry, i have another question maybe you can help me .. is it possible to put it on mode B and the system continue running since at mode A it only do one batch.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure there is with additional programming. What I posted was just an example to help you with the particular problem. Again, please post what you have so far in zip format, and pdf if you have it.

Is it possible to put it on mode B and the system continue running since at mode A it only do one batch?
Yes, your program must be written from the beginning to use the built-in Selector Switches I:1/9, I:1/10, and I:1/11.

Here is an example of how to use the A and B selector switches for the Batch Mix problem. (See attached picture). If the Auto-Stop relay is not enabled at the end of a batch, then the System Run relay will keep the process running forever.

For a complete sample program, go to the Downloads section of this site, and look for the file "LogixPro BATCH_SIMULATOR_EX_A2.rsl "

http://www.plcs.net/downloads/index...ey&PHPSESSID=58cbf05a2f282fdbc51b2f603c665011

LogixPro Batch Mix- Selector Switches.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Please find attached the ladder diagram that i did so far. In the last part (Switching Modes A B C) i'm completely lost what should be done to achieve the desired work in each Mode.

Mode A - Single Batch
Mode B - Continous
Mode C - Multiple Batch with the function of the Enter Button and the thumbwheel switches.

1497584_10202856600714965_1310297885_n.jpg