Looking for a block PLC with analog input

bowang

I am looking for a small block PLC (properly 6 DI and 6 DO) with 2 channels analog inputs (at least 10 bits resolution). I will use it for a portable controller powered by a 24VDC battery and charger. Except AutomationDirect DL05 and AD module, anybody can recommend me one? Thanks.

Bo

don't know about resolution but i think it should be there:

MicroLogix1100 (10in, 6 out , 2 analog in, ethernet port, serial port, upgradable by up to 4 modules if needed, finaly with online editing)

Micrologix1000 (12 in, 8 out, 4 analog in, one analog out, one serial port, no online editing)

Hi bowang.

I am pussled that you take such an important decision on that it must be a fixed PLC with onboard analog i/o.
You will get many more options if also consider small modular PLCs.

Thanks everybody. I will check the details of each controller. Actually I need a fast A/D so I can catch a fast current drop and small scan time. I estimate less than 5 ms A/D converting speed. And the PLC standby power consumption must be small, maybe less than 5W. The rated voltage must allow +/-15% of 24VDC. Temperature will be -20 to 40C. Pico looks pretty good, but A/D will be too slow. Am I asking too much? This will be used for a portable controller with two 7Ah batteries.

bowang said:
Thanks everybody. I will check the details of each controller. Actually I need a fast A/D so I can catch a fast current drop and small scan time. I estimate less than 5 ms A/D converting speed. And the PLC standby power consumption must be small, maybe less than 5W. The rated voltage must allow +/-15% of 24VDC. Temperature will be -20 to 40C. Pico looks pretty good, but A/D will be too slow. Am I asking too much? This will be used for a portable controller with two 7Ah batteries.

The +/- 15% may be a problem, not positive tho BUT if the 2 batteries are 12vdc then you could connect them in parallel and use a 12vdc model controller. This may allow your battery life to be extended.

The 5ms scan time may be another issue, this could depend on how much programming is needed. Most of the smaller plcs have a scan rate of 5ms, or more, per K of ladder, depends.

There may be a variety of brands that could do this, I am not sure but what I think you need is the ability to communicate with a manufacturer; therefore I suggest you checkout http://www.entertron.com/elite.htm then call them, ask for Stephen Luft.