Looking for a Brick PLC w/ analog ramp

Rick Densing

I am looking for a brick-type plc with 0-10v analog out. I would like a ramp instruction like the 5/03 and higher has. An analog input would be a bonus. Any suggestions?

The AutomationDirect.com DL-05 and DL-06 have cards for 0-10 VDC analog inputs and outputs as well as 4-20 mA. They have PID with ramp and soak functions built in.

After thinking about Tom's answer I realized that I misspoke when I said that the VersaMax doesn't have a ramp function.

You could use a PID function with the bias, integral, and derivative parameters all set to zero, the proportional gain set to unity, and set the slew rate parameter to your desired ramp rate. With no feedback, the CV will track the SP, but with the slew rate applied when it sees step changes in the SP.

Just be sure to document it if you do something like that.

Rick,

One other good thing about the Toolbox from GE that Steve mentioned is that it comes with the software and the cable to program the unit. You get VersaPro 2.03 Micro/Nano Edition and the new Cimplicity Machine Edition 3.? Micro/Nano Edition. LM90 also comes with the VersaPro CD so you basically get GE's full offering of software for there current line up of PLC's

I only mention it in case you don't already have the software and were thinking you would have to add that to the cost of whatever you were going to buy.