Looking for a signal or pulse stretcher

gbeaker

I've got an older PLC that can't always pick up an input pulse from a sensor. The sensor is a pretty standard 24vdc PNP prox. I know I've seen devices to go inline, even with 2 m8 connectors, that will stretch the signal to 250ms or so. Any one have some leads?

If you can change the sensor, Keyence has a pulse stretcher built in.

Otherwise, try Weidmuller or Balluff.

Turck also has some screw in connectors that may have the pulse stretcher. This would connect between the sensor and cable.

Is this an older SLC? If so there are some software tricks that might work with an IIM instruction. Can you tell more about the application?

Just use a simple timer.... wire a time off delay to the prox, then you can extend the length of the input

I have a lob on a cam that I was trying use to stop a guillotine knife on top dead center, the lob would flash the input so fast that it was not signaling the input, I found a Siemens multi function timer on the shelf and made it hold the signal longer, worked great

Timer is fine if set correctly. I have used timers and pulse stretchers in the past - had to use a pulse stretcher with a high speed prox detecting the shaft key on the turbine in a turbo charger on a diesel engine - turbo was running at up to 28000 RPM - interesting!