Looking for Controls Guru in Tampa Florida

No Siemens is not a problem, but to break six figures would require very specific food industry experience with a stellar history of proven process improvement. Meeting these qualifications without already being a long term employee is unlikely.

No Siemens is not a problem, but to break six figures would require very specific food industry experience with a stellar history of proven process improvement. Meeting these qualifications without already being a long term employee is unlikely.

Haha...and you wonder why young people aren't interested in controls? Spend a third of your career working and learning the technology and barely break 100k...I just hope those underpaid techs are keeping their pee out of my coke.

If someone came and met most of the position duties and qualifications of what's on the posting, and he was offered less than $100k, that would be plain insulting, either that or that posting is all BS to begin with (which is most likely the case). Probably just a limping along outdated plant, with overrides tie wrapped or baling wired.

Last edited:
One of the guys has some food MFG experience like 1-2 years but we all used to work for the same engineering firm so they can do anything you need from an automation standpoint but like me they have very heavy IT backgrounds and have more certs and experience than most network admins in the 125 K range so they have that in their back pocket and they both have their BSEE which is why they would not take a less than 6 figure job.

Not sure what the difference is but the Atlanta Coke plants the range is 95-115K for the same position because I know people that have been in that role at the Atlanta plant.

Haha...and you wonder why young people aren't interested in controls? Spend a third of your career working and learning the technology and barely break 100k...I just hope those underpaid techs are keeping their pee out of my coke.

The companies want the knowledge and experience but they don't seem to want to pay for it. There are companies out there that will pay for it and those companies don't have any technical manpower shortages or any issues finding candidates.

There are a good number of places here in the Atlanta area that you can do 120-150K for engineers and 70-100K for maintenance techs with the kind of experience I think TheStarr is looking for.

Thank you PBuchanan. You seem well informed and understand the position/salary ranges. We are comparable with Atlanta.
I just have very high standards and am not fond of paying an astronomical salary to someone because they managed to stay awake through four years of classes.
Unlike the typical hiring manager, I have a strong controls background and can spot the job hunters that attempt to dazzle people with acronyms and wordy paragraphs about projects they claim they developed because, after the integrator left, they had to change the timing on a photoeye.
We are seeing a lot of good applicants from other sources, so this posting turns out to be unnecessary. I apologize for distracting the board...

You think that $100k for someone that meets your posting requirements is an "astronomical salary"? Either your're out of touch, or you're way under paid yourself.

RET, do you cherry-pick EVERYTHING you read?

This is copied from the post you reference. Notice the bold:

I just have very high standards and am not fond of paying an astronomical salary to someone because they managed to stay awake through four years of classes.

I take that to mean that TheStarr would expect to get a specific level of performance for the money he pays. Your position seems to be that a specific JOB carries a given salary as opposed to being tied to the performance of that job.

Keith

RET, do you cherry-pick EVERYTHING you read?

This is copied from the post you reference. Notice the bold:

I take that to mean that TheStarr would expect to get a specific level of performance for the money he pays. Your position seems to be that a specific JOB carries a given salary as opposed to being tied to the performance of that job.

Keith

I'm over it, if you can see what I'm getting at, then I can't help you either.