Looking for Portocol converter to get Frick info into Logix5000

JaxGTO

Has anyone used one of these protocol converters like the Redlion or others to get data from Frick RS485 or Ethernet units?

Customer has both Frick Quantum LX (has Ethernet) and RWB II Plus (has RS485)

Thanks, Jack.

Frick Quantum LX uses Ethernet/IP protocol

Has anyone used one of these protocol converters like the Redlion or others to get data from Frick RS485 or Ethernet units?

Customer has both Frick Quantum LX (has Ethernet) and RWB II Plus (has RS485)

Thanks, Jack.

Hello Jack;
I found this information on the web:
From the Frick (by Johnson Controls) FAQs:
http://www.frickcontrols.com/pages/faq#q23

23. my Quantum LX communicate via Ethernet to my PLC?
• The Quantum LX will communicate via Ethernet using Modbus TCP or Ethernet/IP protocols. The Ethernet communication setpoints can be found in the Quantum LX Menu at Configuration>Ethernet. Detailed information regarding the Quantum LX Address ranges that are available to the PLC can be found in the Quantum LX Communication Setup manual, 090-020 CS.

If your Controllogix has a 1756-ENBT module or any other Ethernet/IP communication processor then you can integrate the Quantum LX directly, without a gateway or a protocol converter.

As far as the RWB II controller is concerned, I cannot find information on the protocol it supports. If it is Modbus, or Profibus-DP (over RS-485) then Prosoft has rack-mounted processors that can be added to the Controllogix rack to integrate it directly.
So if you can find this information we can help you further.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier