LookoutDirect DataTable Help

ERIC14779

I have been working on a crash course in LookoutDirect and I have to start with some advanced tools...

Namely the DataTable Object

I have a Excel 4.0 worksheet file that I create for each P/N that I will be producing with this machine I am retrofitting this new control to...

I have written a VB macro that runs inside Excel that takes the condensed position/punch data and expands it out then sorts by position (with tool offset figured in) and creates a list with position and tool #. also have a cell with total number of Positions.

I have a DL205 PLC with a 250-1 CPU hooked to a Touchscreen PC that is running LKD it also will have the Excel files on it locally.

Where I am having problems is with getting the data from my excel file into LKD and passing it on to the PLC to position my part with a servo via a H2-CTRIO module, and firing a signal to actuate the desired punch unit to pierce the part, then load the next position and repeat..

Also the parts are almost always longer than the stroke of the part moving carriage so I also need to do a regrip routine and set the CTRIO counters back to the part position to continue along the part length.

I have been making some progress on this project but not fast enough... The LKD documentation is not very helpful to use to learn from..

Anybody able to give me some significant help to get this project over the hump ??

I could email all my files & discuss in detail what I am doing... I have done several set process projects, this is the first one that is driven by a external list of positions and punch numbers...