M340 Addressing and Interfacing SCADA

dev78386

Supporting Member
Dear Friends,

I have developed a Trainer bench for my university using an M340 PLC (BMXP341000, DRA1602,DRA 1605, AMM0600, NOC0401.2) and implemented SCADA using ***** SCADA by ******.

I was able to write programs using ladder logic and addresses (%I.0.1.0 to %I.0.1.15 and %Q.0.2.0 to %Q0.2.15).

However, the problems arise when interfacing with SCADA software. I was able to do data aquisition only when I assign %M addresses or %MW addresses which are the CPU objects (Topological address) in the processor module. The properties of the individual address shows 984 addressxxxxx for %M and %MW.

I changed the configuration to mixed topology and couldn'f find the %Q addesses.

Im totally confusesd and want to know whether its my confiuration fault, or we cannot access %I and %Q addresses using SCADA.o_O

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kind regards,
Immanuel

I am using win tr SCADA . By the Way what difference the SCADA driver do, can you explain. Could you please any free SCADA software that works well with a Schneider M340. Thanks BOB

Last edited:
Do not know of free - you get what you pay for. Re the SCADA driver it has to be written to access various areas of the PLC memory. If it not written to access %I, %Q but only %M etc you cannot access them from the SCADA. Each SCADA driver is individually written to access different areas of each PLC brand - unless OPC is being used as an interface and then you have to check that the OPC driver accesses all memory areas - some do not.