M340 and Unity Pro connecting problem

pazuzu

Hi everyone !
I have a problem. I've hope You could help me witt that.

I want to connect my plc SE m340 p3420302 module with my PC via ethernet or USB.
I read manual, I have a decrypted standard IP adress of the device and i cannot connect...
Last 3 parts of MAC adress is 0F-96-26 so I convert into 84.15.150.38 IP adress. On my PC i set 84.15.150.100 with subnet 255.0.0.0. I think this is ok. I use Winshark to intercept any information about this PLC and nothing... Is there any step with one I missing ?
I use of course crossed cabel, as said in instruction.

Please, help me...

I guess USB did not work? That is actually a USB-Ethernet adapter inside the PLC, so when plugged in you should see some routing table entries to 90.0.0.1.

If you type route print from the PC command line, do you see entries for 90.0.0.1 when the USB cable is plugged in? If so, give Unity a try with USB.

There are ways to verify the IP address for the Ethernet port - one is to go online with the USB (as the IP addresses are fixed) and then set an IP on the Ethernet port. Build and then download, then try to connect to the known IP you just set.

Another is to use Wireshark to verify the address on the device. Turn on Wireshark then pull the Ethernet cable from the PLC, then plug back in. Expect that the device will do ACD (address conflict detection) and announce it's IP address. These ARP probes used for ACD have a particular structure in Wireshark, and you should see what is called a gratuitous ARP. If you do this and can't find them, post the Wireshark trace after you have done the cable pull/reinsertion test.

Also note there are rotary switches on the device - be sure they are not set to BOOTP or DHCP. They should be on the back of the processor, and the settings are on the side of the processor housing. Pull it off the backplane to verify these settings.

Wireshark will show the bootp or dhcp packets on the wire if this is the issue. Post the trace and the MAC address of the PLC if your not sure what these look like and we can look for them.

Hi robertkjonesjr
Thanks for Your help. With ethernet and USB I try propably evereything. It dosent work, eaven Wireshark. But at the end of a day (night) i find a solution. The problem was with the XBE1000 extender module. My projec have a two racks but for testing i have only one with this extender build on. He coused a IO error on the CPU and disable any comunication protocol to the unit. Such a simple thing but so much trouble :)

Thanks for reading
and sorry for my english :)