Magelis XBTF and SLC500

Christoff84

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hello,

I've recently gotten a Magelis XBTF and a few SLC 5/04 PLCs I've looked around for how to network these together but haven't come up with much.

I know the Magelis has an RS-232C output and the PLC has DH-485 capability as well as DH+.

My question is can I network the HMI directly to the PLC processor via the DH485 port and have it accessable by other PLCs on the DH+ network or do I need something like a scanner/modbus card to interface these together using File Copies?

I've used these with direct connection from the 25pin on the Magelis to the DF1 port on SLC5/04 but I don't think they have any type of pass-through capability unless you did messaging from PLC to PLC, and I know they have the ability to do DH485 and DH+ probably with an optional comm card.

One method is connect the PLCs using DH485 and connect the HMI via serial to one of those PLCs then setup data registers in that PLC to send/recieve the necessary data between the PLC's.

The Magelis has a programming/print port and the RS232/485 port so you could be able to access it and the SLC's at the same time depending on adapters and ports available. Here is a manual for the XBT-F; http://ecatalog.squared.com/pubs/Machine%20Control/Operator%20Stations/Message%20Display%20Terminals/XBT/XBT-X000US.pdf