Maintenance required. Error in lower level component

thiseful

Hello

I am using a 1500 Siemens PLC. Everything is new , the program is running correctly and smoothly but I have this error message: Maintenance required. Error in lower level component.

Does anyone has any idea how to get rid of it?

I have found this thread
https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf/ww/en/posts/error-in-lower-level-component-in-cu240e-2pn/147129?page=0&pageSize=10

but I didn't find a solution for the problem.

Basically its reporting an issue with a configuration or node setting.

What information do you have in your diagnostic buffer?

Hello

In diagnostic status : Module exists. Maintenance required.

In diagnostic buffer I have only old errors and issues that were solved.

And no other information? (Nothing about which particular node?)

It may be worth trying downloading the "Extended download to device".

Regards

Daniel

Last edited:
Post a screen shot of your online h/w - e.g. this is from a simulation so there are no problems.

diag1.jpg

Did not manage to do an extended download due to some test that we are currently running on the line. I will get back with the result of the extended download and with a screenshot as fast as possible!

Thank you for your replies

Br,
Gabriel

If I didn't know better, I'd almost think that a siemens engineer was having a "error between keyboard and chair" type joke, with an error message like that.

But we all know German engineers don't make jokes.

If I didn't know better, I'd almost think that a siemens engineer was having a "error between keyboard and chair" type joke, with an error message like that.

But we all know German engineers don't make jokes.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still having process troubles so this problem was pushed way back to the bottom of the page, I still haven't the chance or time to address the issue properly. But the joke cracks me up:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You have to drill down to the component that has the problem.
It could be for example a local module, or a Profinet device, or a CP.
When online you see in the project tree that various hardware and software is marked with a green checkmark, or a red X. If there is a red X in the local modules for examples, you have to expand the list of modules. Then you will see that for example only 1 module has the red X and the others are OK. Check the diagnostics of the online properties of the module.