MAJ function for Servo responding with .ER

khelza

I have a machine with a servo that does not home properly if there is a loss of power while the servo is not in home position.

I'm modifying the PLC program to move the servo back to the home position on power-up, with the home position marked by a prox sensor. The conditions for the MAJ command are true, and the MAJ command enumerations show .EN so it's enabled, but the .ER bit comes on almost as soon as the .EN bit. The servo never moves.

If Prox not ON - Start MAJ
If Prox ON - Stop MAJ

Will probably have to use a MAM command after to move it in exact position if it stops just after the prox.

Any help or feedback is greatly appreciated! 🍻

Last edited:
Hi

Right click on the tag for the maj and expand out the tag. You will see the error
And the ext error codes.
You can come back to us with them or look at the help files and you will see what they represent

Donnchadh

Thank you! Adding the MSO before and starting the MAJ on MSO.DN fixed it.

Did I miss this somewhere in a manual? I did a google search of different Logix Motion Manuals and didn't see the MSO mentioned with the MAJ. :S

Well the Rockwell motion documentation is 424 pages !! Pretty sure you didn't read it all, well I didn't. You should look up MSO and MSF in the Rockwell help file.

I definitely did not read the whole thing. But it's strange that in the MAJ section, on page 105 they show how to STOP a MAJ command with MAS. I was looking to the MAJ section how to start it but it was never mentioned. I will certainly tave to look deeper into the manual. Thank for your help! :)

Why don't you use the MAH command, and configure the axis to home to sensor? Then you will not require the MSO, as the MAH will enable the axis if required.