Major fault on Allen Bradley slc 5

Jonas Zimmer

Hey guys, new to dealing with major plc faults and wanted to run this past the pros.

I got a major fault.

Description:
Discrete I/o module in slot 6 which is required for the user program is detected as having the wrong I/o count. This could also mean that a specialty card driver is incorrect.

The card in slot 6 is a 4 input analogue card.

Bad card? It's been operating for about 5-7 years. I am not sure what the specialty card driver is incorrect message means...

Major error s:6 = 655h
Last major error s:54 = 655h

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

See picture, after you tell us what card it is as maxketcham ask post your .RSS file if you can. Zip it first.

error655h.png

It has been in service for a while. It was coincidental as we were installing new sensors in the plant and they were wired in slot 7. (Same card in slot 7, 4 channel analogue). The new sensors had different min and max 4-20mA signal then the old one, so I entered the new zero values and 100% values in the AI conditioning ladder. The new install went well and everything was reading properly. About 2 hours after we had the new sensors online we got a major plc fault and the error message said it could not determine the problem, but that it was a discrete I/O issue. I reset the plc and cleared the fault in the program. Then about 27 hours later, another fault. This time giving this message of card in slot 6. I thought perhaps it was something to do with the output on the new equipment, but I checked the data log internal to the new sensors and the trending was good, no spikes, no drops, same with the trend on the wonderware window viewer... Leading me to believe it is not related to the new install, as well the new equipment is on slot 7 not 6, which the program is telling me slot 6 is the issue.

Thanks for the help. It is all appreciated.

Is there a way to override the plc program to allow running without these AI's? The only inputs that are necessary are the h2s gas level and room temp to run the HVAC system. Can I somehow run the rest of the program that does not rely on those inputs until we get a replacement card?

I guess you would have to delete them temporarily from the inputs and modify the program. May not be worth all of that if it will only take a few days to get a new card.

Thanks again