Are you:-

• Male

Votes: 78 94.0%
  • Female

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RMA,

Comp time is time off for working extra hours if you are salary. So if you are suppose to work 40 hours per week and you work say 48 hours in a certain week you may get a day off at some point in time to compensate for the extra time you put in. Not all companies have this and if they do some may require you to use it within a certain time or you lose it.

Bob O.

Not all companies have this and if they do some may require you to use it within a certain time or you lose it.
I suspected it might be something like that, can't remember what it used to be called in the UK, but here in Germany it's usually called "Flexizeit".

It gets called quite a lot of other names as well, though, because you usually have to take the free time within 3 months. Needless to say, there's usually no way in the middle of a project that you can get round to taking two or three days off, so your unpaid overtime disappears into a big hole!
d045.gif
At present I'm running at +80 hours - try fitting that in before the end of the project at the end of the year, especially bearing in mind that I've still got 18 days of holiday to take!

The good news is that 10 days holiday start on Monday!
b020.gif

Rick Densing said:
Why does everyone need to point out that the women they worked with were good. What did you expect?

I didn't expect anything different at all.

I was reading into the question (maybe more than was fair) that: if it was being asked, it might be implying that women were not as capable in this field. I just wanted to add my two cents to counter that notion . . .

My 18 year old daughter might end up in this business.

She came to help me temp 3 months since, for a week maybe 2.

She is still with me.

She is a natural at hmi screen layout and design and is slowly beginning to understand the relationship between the machine and PLC.

Soon it will be me making her cups of coffee :)

Compensatory time - The company expects you to work 40 hrs/wk and they will ONLY pay you for that 40.
If you work overtime you will not be paid for it but may take equivalent hours.

I used to take my 2 weeks vacation and my comptime off at the end of the year. Took Monday and Fridays for the last two months of the year - BAD move

Rod(The Big DUMMY!)

msinclair said:
I didn't expect anything different at all.

I was reading into the question (maybe more than was fair) that: if it was being asked, it might be implying that women were not as capable in this field. I just wanted to add my two cents to counter that notion . . .

I always got a smile from the poster that read

To be considered equal to a man
a woman has to work twice as hard
do twice as well
in half the time
FORTUNATELY it is not difficult

Dan Bentler