Manual Addressing a SLC from ControlLogix across DH+

see if this "down and dirty" setup will get you working through the DHRIO - without the ControlNet link ...

it's working OK in my lab right now ...

note that the DHRIO has NOT been added to the I/O Configuration in RSLogix5000 ...

MSG_SLC_2.JPG

SOLVED! (whew)

The connection information was wrong below the path.

I went into RSLinx (after pulling out my hair) and noticed that the Backplane information did not match the Source Link field.

Seeing my CNB Master had a link ID of 12 in Linx, I put this in, and it works!

Thanks for the help guys! In the manual, source ID is not explained, but after some Google searches, I found other notes about it.

Ron, your suggestion did not work, however, I added my ControlNet card before your 1,9 and it did, shortening the connection path! Bravo!

Right Good !

As for the DHRIO minor error - earlier revisions of DHRIO modules produced a minor error if BOTH ports were set to DH+. Don't know if they fixed it in later Revs.

If you aren't using port B set it to RIO, that may get rid of the minor error.

What is your full path now ? - I still believe the last number should be 1, the DH+ node address of the SLC.

Ron, your suggestion did not work, however, I added my ControlNet card before your 1,9 and it did, shortening the connection path! Bravo!

not sure I'm following all of this - but you seem happy - so we're happy too ...

just for anybody who searches this thread in the future, the screen shots that I attached above DO work in my lab - using just a DHRIO which is NOT added to the I/O Configuration - and without using a ControlNet connection between the ControlLogix and the SLC-5/04 chassis ...

party on ...

Ron,

I think, since I'm using ControlNet between my CPU and the remote IO rack that contains the DHRIO card, I had to put my ControlNet card in the path. ?

Anyway, Communication Method is equally critical (in my case, at least). I had to verify the source and destination Links in RS Linx (use Link as a reminder for Linx!)

My Destination Node was easy, node 1 as said in Logix 500 Channel Configuration for DH+

Please see attached. This might only be needed for remote I/O folks, I've read in places that you can leave these links at zero, but not my case.

DH_Linx.jpg

and the minor recoverable fault is because I'm not using DH channel #2. Can't simply disable it, like on input cards... I can live with that.

and the minor recoverable fault is because I'm not using DH channel #2. Can't simply disable it, like on input cards... I can live with that.

Yes, you can live with it, especially since you don't have the DHRIO module in your I/O Configuration.

But if you did, the minor fault would set your I/O light flashing on the controller, which would make it a useless diagnostic.

As I said before, you can "cure" the somewhat false error by setting the unused channel to RIO mode.

And a further thought is that I'm not convinced you need a routing table in the DHRIO modules at all, the MSG path should find your destination.

But if it works as you have it, leave it be.....