Manufacturing LAN to Corporate LAN Connection

Phil Buchanan

Lifetime Supporting Member
A few years ago I remember seeing someone post a DIN rail mount device that has 2 Ethernet ports and is a bridge between the manufacturing network and the corporate network and IT can manage their side and their IP Address and Manufacturing can manage their side and IP Address.

It had a login for each and I think each side may have had a locking door etc.

Does anyone use or remember anything like this? I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company that makes it but it would be a perfect fit for the customer I am working with currently.

The Tofino Xenon Security Appliance and the very similar Belden Eagle One security router provide similar functions, but with a focus on security and access control.

There are a handful of DIN-rail mounted "NAT Appliances", most of which also provide some set of security or VPN features.