Mapware 7000 coil issue

kanooter

Lifetime Supporting Member
So this is a weird one.

I'm using Maple System's HMC2043M-A HMI/PLC controller, and after 15 minutes it seemed as if the HMI became unresponsive.

I plugged into the PLC and went online to see what's up. I found that all my bit logic was responding correctly. I could see contacts changing in my program when I pressed physical and HMI buttons.

The problem is, after 15 minutes, the coils in my program become unresponsive and are "stuck" in whatever state they were in before the problem occurred. The preceding logic on the rung is telling the coil to turn on but it simply won't.

I tried completely re-installing mapware7000 on the PC and the problem still occurred. Version 2.36

Next, I created a simple program from scratch. The only thing the program does is turn on a bit lamp when a momentary button is pressed. Running it through the simulator again, the problem is there after 15 minutes. It's the simplest program. Normally open bit tied to an HMI button that goes to a coil. For 15 minutes it works fine and after 15 minutes the coil won't change state and the bit lamp won't turn on.

Any ideas? I have a support ticket in with Maple Systems and they are looking into it. I'm stumped..