mechanical plc selector switch

Hello! Can a person get a switch that will hand 32 I/O lines from one plc to a second? 12 deck rotary switches apparently don't come in 10 amp, with enough contacts. Custom design by web of long cam industrial rotary switches is available but seems like a bit much for a community college to get only 2 or 3 of.
Scott

PLC I/O would NEVER need 10 Amp switching capability...

Inputs would only be a few tens of milliamps each... and typical ControlLogix dc outputs can only source at most 2 Amps continuous, 4A peak. Someone is not making the right design decisions......

I VERY much doubt a "community college" will be driving such large loads....

I do not like the idea of switching the field power to the 2 sets of I/O modules, you will need to provide isolation in the form of diodes or interposing relays for outputs, which could get costly, and be difficult to physically fit and wire.

If the college really cannot afford separate I/O rigs for each PLC, then I would recommend that they disconnect the I/O modules' wiring arms (module fronts) from the PLC(s) they are not using at that time - no switches needed, isolation being provided by "fresh air".

I am of course assuming that coursework will only be performed on one PLC chassis at a time, and that "fast-changeovers" will not be required.....