Melsoft GTDesigner3 question

sjanes9

I have never worked with the GT3 software before and I am curious. Is there a way to have an input, or output from the machine call up(switch) a screen? We have a cell with a side A and a side B that I want this sensor screen to switch depending upon which side the machine is on. Any help would be much appreciated

Common--->Environment setting--->Screen switching/Windows

Base screen default is GD100, a GOT internal data register.

Change this to a PLC data register e.g. D100 and the value in this register will determine the screen to be displayed.

Buster

I found what you were talking about in GT Designer 3. I have two screens that I need to switch between. I set the Base Screen to D100. Do I need to set the overlap window as well? Or,

If you are using only Base screens, then you do not need to enter anything for "Overlap Window" or "Superimpose Window". These are for screens that you want to open over the top of a Base screen, such as prompts, keypads, menus, objects.

Image attached for a basic screen switching project.

Screen.jpg

Last edited:
I see, So in your example. You have D7999 as the Data register. How do I use the value to determine which screen is shown? How do I do that in the PLC Logic? I am using GX Works 2. Using It seems simple enough, but I can't get my brain to wrap around it for some reason.

I see, So in your example. You have D7999 as the Data register. How do I use the value to determine which screen is shown? How do I do that in the PLC Logic? I am using GX Works 2. Using It seems simple enough, but I can't get my brain to wrap around it for some reason.

In the logic when you want a specific screen to be displayed simply move the screen number into the data register specified. i.e. If I want screen 3 to pop up when M0 is on, and the register designated is D7999, it would look like this:

M0
-[ ]-----------------[MOVP K3 D7999]
Hope this helps,

Dave

The register is also read/write, so it's updated when you change the screen. You can use it to both tell which screen you are on, and change the screen.