micro 1000

RDR

Hello...First time here.

I found a Micro logics 1000. Is there an easy way to talk to and program this thing?

First you have to install RS Logix500 and the RS Linx after that you have to configure your Micro Logix 1000 with your computer via RS linx and then you will be able to do program and download it into PLC

Thanks for all the help guys. However, apparently my operating system(Win 7) is not supported for downloads from Rockwell. :-(

I've done downloads from that server dozens of times on Windows 7 Professional. I've never tried with Windows 7 Home, but I'd be surprised if it didn't work.

RA does use a "download manager" utility called GetPlus, so your security settings might need to be tweaked a little bit. Watch carefully in Internet Explorer for a status bar or indication that suggests you need to allow that to run.

In the worst case, go introduce yourself to the local Allen-Bradley dealer and ask for their help burning a DVD with the free edition of RSLogix 500.

I had issues downloading from the RA website using Internet Explorer. You can try switching to Chrome or Firefox and see if that works better.

Thanks for all the help guys. However, apparently my operating system(Win 7) is not supported for downloads from Rockwell. :-(

What link did you try? I have installed it on everything even W8

http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

Rockwell keeps changing their site so its a little hard to keep up with the links, you need below

Software
Free Starter Programming Software for MicroLogix 1000 and 1100
RSLogix Micro Starter Lite (v8.30) without RSLinx — for offline programming (English)

Plus you will need RSLinx... and they move that link, but search their site both are free downloads