Micro830 to Delta HMI

RockyLeafs

Hello,

We have a project on our shop floor that for some reason project management decided to not talk to controls about and pick some interesting combination of devices.

We have a Micro830 AB PLC and a Delta HMI (DOP-103QW).
The Micro830 does not have a ethernet/IP port, so looks like the thought is using the circular COM port on the Micro to talk to the Delta HMI COM port.

While digging around on the HMI software, I"m trying to find how to use tags and get the HMI talking to the PLC.

Anyone with experience in this and any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

We have a project on our shop floor that for some reason project management decided to not talk to controls about and pick some interesting combination of devices.

We have a Micro830 AB PLC and a Delta HMI (DOP-103QW).
The Micro830 does not have a ethernet/IP port, so looks like the thought is using the circular COM port on the Micro to talk to the Delta HMI COM port.

While digging around on the HMI software, I"m trying to find how to use tags and get the HMI talking to the PLC.

Anyone with experience in this and any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I do not have access to integrated development environment of the DELTA HMI now but as far as remember there are 2 ways of achieving your goal:

1. When you set the connection to the PLC in the connection wizard perhaps there is Allen Bradley in the controller field. You can look for it and if you find it, the following fields should guide you to make the right setup.

2. I am not completely sure about if this method could work in your case(since I used it with a PLC and HMI with Ethernet Port) but I used to export an xml file with the tags from the PLC and then import it in the HMI environment.

Best Regards
Konstantin Kolev

Hello RockyLeafs, its me... you.. from the future

I've managed to figure out a method to get the Micro830 PLC to communicate to the Delta DOP HMI using the serial port of the Micro to the com port of the Delta HMI and Modbus Protocol. One thing to keep in mind, the Delta has a female port, and the cable the Micro830 has is also female, so had to make a gender changer for an extension, which still worked.

in CCW, under the controller, go to Serial Port
Here are the settings I used:
Common Settings
Driver: Modbus RTU
Baud Rate: 9600
Parity: None
Modbus Role: Slave (can I say that anymore? i think it was ok in your time)
Unit Address: 2

Protocol Control
Media: RS232|No Handshake
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1

You'll need to us the Modbus Mapping under the Controller menu.
You'll need to map the bool, dint, int, or reals or any other data to a 6 digit address.
Kind of confusing but need to map it to get the Delta to communicate with these tags/address/io blah blah whatever

Next, under the Delta HMI Software (DOPSoft), under communication your going to create the communication protocol.
Under COM1, Connection enabled
Link Name (whatever you want)
Manufacturers: Modbus
Series 984 RT (Master, 6 Digits)
Multi-Drop: Disabled (only communicating to the PLC directly through RS232)

Main
Communication Parameters
HMI Station 0
Interface: RS232
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 1
Baud Rate: 9600
Parity Bits: None

Controller
PLC Station: 2
Password: 12345678
Comm. Delay Time 5
Connection Timeout 1000
Connect Retries 2

As you create tags or objects on the screen, you can then us the modbus mapping address you put in the Micro830 to interact with the tags/addresses.

Micro830 Comm.PNG Micro830 Modbus Mapping.PNG DOP Comm Settings.PNG DOP Object Example.PNG