Micro830

Christoph

I have an application using an A-B Micro830 controller. Does anyone have a PDF
tutoring how to program one of these. Not very intuitive
especially with the CCW software. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I wrote a program for one to put on a possible Micro850 when it got ordered. programming for either method is terrible. So much of it operates only with REAL numbers, so you need to convert SINT/DINT/FLOAT/etc to it.

I installed a HSC counter module. in 1 of the expansion bays. All I want to do with it is scale an encoder down to a usable level.

Well CCW does have on it's Start Page a "Getting Started" with access to online material as well as training videos. Maybe start there...

Yes and local variables. If you skim those two videos I posted they will likely help get you started one shows setting up the SCALER and SCL instructions the other shows setting up the HSC.

Yes. Thats where most to all of mine are located. very few locals.

your input from the HSC should go to the input of the Any to Real, your newly created tag with Real data type would be the output of the Any to Real. then use that tag as the input to your scaler.

I dont have a HSC in my setup so not sure what its data type is natively.

I found it easier to create tags for the min/max entries on the scaler. It wasn't accepting a raw number in those spots.

If you check YouTube for Micro 800, Tim Wilborne has several good videos on this series of PLCs. I have used these PLCs on several projects successfully.