MICRO850 and HSC Counter

PLC Pie Guy

Hey All.

Starting another little machine project here. I am using this time a Micro850 simply to take advantage of the memory capacity over the 820.
I'm using a 2080-MOT-HSC to grab a pulse count from an encoder. That's great and it all works.

The trouble is..... I really need 2 counters set up reading this encoder. The issue I'm having is that in the V10 release of CCW, it only supports 1 counter per HSC module. The new release, which is a few weeks away yet, will allow 2 counters to look at the same slot. I can indeed create the second counter with all its own parameters, but the UDFBs seem to share the Accumulator and reset together when either FB is reset or "un-initialized".

Has anybody done anything to overcome this???

Thanks

Just an update to this if anybody else is interested.

Since V10 only supports one counter per HSC Ad On module.(2080-MOT-HSC) Since I'm a bit impatient I had to find another way to make my project work with two counters. I like using the HSC ad on simply for the very nice UDFB that it supports. However, this time I decided to use the onboard embedded HSC inputs. This chewed up 4 inputs but it gives me what I want with two self contained counters looking at the same encoder pulses.

I had never set one up in this manner so it took a bit of toying with the Input configuration and the HSC FBs but it seems to work very nicely. I can reset both counters independently of each other.

Thanks