Micro850

bbur147274

I have an Allan Bradley micro850 and it does not have the ability to communicate with the Yaskawa V1000 drives that was installed. I am wanting to somehow convert the analog 0-10vdc signal to get a speed reference so I can calculate the remaining feet on a roll of paper. I already have the formula for the footage of paper on the roll but need to track the remaining. How would I convert the analog signal to a speed? The max speed of the motor at 230VAC is 1450rpm.

I believe the SCL (Scale) function block will do what you are asking. Last I checked it is in the "Process Control" tab of the toolbar in CCW. This will allow you to set the min/max for the input (0-10VDC in your case) and the min/max for the output (sounds like 0-1450RPM), and it will output a scaled value.

Hope this helps.

ck8177, I was thinking about that and did add a new scaler. I converted the analog to a "any-to-real" and then created a scaler with a min of 0 and max of 1450. The analog value is 65535 and I hope it scales it correctly. I am going to add a limit switch to the paper just for good measures that a partial roll is put on and the calculations are not correct.

I would almost bet that the Micro850 can communicate with the Yaskawa V1000 drive thru Modbus either with Rtu or Tcp.

But I could be wrong.

I have worked on one system that used a Micro8x0 controller for Modbus TCP communication and it used a special MSG instruction for that purpose.

It has a Micrologix serial port that has RS232 and RS485 pins and claims to support Modbus RTU protocol as well. I suspect that the same 1761-NC01 module that we use with the 1400 would work the same way, although I find no mention of that manual in the reference manual I just searched. Further research should be done to ensure that it is the same pinout to gain access to the RS-485 pins.

All of the Yaskawa drives I have worked it have been nearly identical in how they set up for Modbus RTU communication and control.

I am apx. 85% sure it could be done, and that number would be higher if I liked and used the Micro8x0 series myself a little more.

How can you be so sure about this?

Because the Yaskawa V1000 manual says that is one of the communication protocols that it has.

AND I've been programming the micro800 series for atleast 10 years.