MicroLogix 1000 inputs just stopped working?

Hi George,

I received the replacement Gavazzi PSU today and that was indeed the issue. The replacement's Vout measures at 24VDC whereas the bad PSU measured at 9V. So I don't know how/why the other one went bad, nor do I have any clue as to how things were (partially) working with a 9VDC output. But with the new one in place, everything works as it should.

I called the one (and only) company that rebuilds these machines and they told me the manufacturer never had a standard by which they built them. Earlier machines used a proprietary board, later versions used Mitsubishi PLCs. The guy said he had never seen a machine with a MicroLogix PLC, so this could have been a custom requirement or another company rebuilt this machine at some point. If I wanted to have my machine rebuilt, they would strip out and throw away all the electronics, use their own serviceable parts, and charge me $10k (plus freight both ways). Perhaps if someone is looking for a very cheap PLC to mess around with, they may be able to obtain one from this company: afmeng.com

Anyway, I won't be touching anymore of this machine for now, but I will be purchasing a spare MicroLogix 1000 (probably off eBay) and making a backup just in case something happens. Thanks to everyone for all the assistance.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a defective Gavazzi SPD24301 to play with for some reason, let me know. I'll just charge for the cost to ship it (about $5). Otherwise it'll go in the trash.

Glad to hear you got sorted!

That 0V wire would still have me somewhat curious, but hey, that's life.

As for takers on the faulted PSU? I think the trash can will win that bid! :)

But you'd never know?

Happy Stamping!

Regards,
George