Micrologix 1100 Ethernet Ip setup problems.

I dunno what to tell you...

So the 192.168.0.25 shows up in the ML1100 LCD Ethernet settings and your PC NIC has a 192.168.0.xyz address, there is no other active PC Ethernet connection and no active Firewall?

Are all the above true?

I am running 2.57 and also I checked my firewall settings and they are on for private and public networks but the block all incoming connections box is unchecked. And it is set to notify if it wants to block a program

Try turning the Firewall OFF! For now that is...Try again after...

If still unsuccessful, could you open up the RSLogix 500 file you have downloaded via DF1 Serial232- Channel 1 (Ethernet) communications settings and post a screenshot?

See attached pics. That's a MicroLogix 1100 and RSLinx communicating with it. That is NOT a crossover cable attached to it. You can view the configured IP address on the display, advanced settings/enet cfg.

IMG_0046.JPG IMG_0047.JPG

Folks,

I would not be worrying too much about the Ethernet cable used here. The MicroLogix 1100 and 1400 controllers support what is known as Auto MDI/MDI-X.

MDI - Media Dependant Interface

MDI-X - Media Dependant Interface with Crossover

Devices that support Auto MDI/MDI-X will automatically detect the required cable connection type (straight-through or crossover) and, if incorrect, reverse the signals at the port accordingly.

That is: A straight-through or crossover Ethernet cable may be used here.

I'm reading this thread with interest but I won't add too much that may confuse things further until the OP has ticked everything on the earlier "checklist"...

dmargineau said:
...the 192.168.0.25 shows up in the ML1100 LCD Ethernet settings and your PC NIC has a 192.168.0.xyz address, 1) there is no other active PC Ethernet connection and 2)no active Firewall?

Are all the above true?

2) We're awaiting feedback on the Firewall.

1) Don't forget to answer that other important question. Are there any other Ethernet interfaces enabled on your programming workstation? You have your native Ethernet port and you have a USB to Ethernet adapter. Are there any Wireless Network Connections or Virtual Network Adapters listed under the following?...

Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections

A screenshot or list showing what is present and whether they are Enabled or Disabled may be useful. Note: 'Not Connected' does not mean 'Disabled'.

If you are sure that the LCD display on the MicroLogix 1100 is showing IP: 192.168.0.25 and Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 then be double sure that your workstation's Ethernet port is configured for the same Subnet range.

You can also run an ipconfig/all at the command prompt (cmd) and see what is listed for the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection. It will also show any other interfaces and their settings.

You can also call up the Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) table to see what your workstation can currently see...

Again, at the command prompt run...

arp -a

...and see what IP/MAC addresses show up.

It is most likely that your workstation's Ethernet adapter is not configured correctly, another interface is taking metric priority, or something is blocking the PING requests. I do know that Windows 7 Firewall will by default block inbound ICMP echo requests, which the PING utility uses. But, whether it will block outbound echo requests, I can't remember?

Regards,
George

Last edited: