Micrologix 1100 PLC and Wonderware

coopdegrace

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can give me an answer on this one.

I need to communicate to a Micrologix PLC from Wonderware.

Do you know if the Micrologix 1100 PLC has Modbus TCP communications on its in built Ethernet port?

OR (I have no Wonderware experience..) does Wonderware have a driver available that enables it to interrogate a Micrologix PLC through its ethernet port, as I believe Citect does.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Dear coopdegrace,
All the AB Micrologix processor doesnt have modbus communication. Only selected processors has it.Specially Ml1400 1766-L32BWAA, Series B processor has the inbuilt modbus communication protocol.

Hi coopdegrace,

Just a note - the article and Wonderware North document provided above are from 2009. The DASABCIP 4.0 has since been upgraded, and more recently replaced by the next generation ABCIP OI Server v6.1 (Operation Integration Server). The ABCIP OI Server provides protocol compatibility for:

• Ethernet
  • ControlNet thru Bridge
  • DeviceNet thru Bridge
  • Data Highway Plus (DH +) thru Bridge
  • Data Highway 485 (DH485) thru Bridge

More information can be found on the Schneider Electric Global Support website - http://softwaresupport.schneider-electric.com.

Regards,

Jeremy