micrologix 1100 Program issue

HollywoodHulk

okay guys and gals. I have appreciated the help that has got this newbie this far. What I have is a program to test electronic component boards. The issue that I am having is that the subroutines are not working how I think they should. :unsure: when I run the program and call out only u:5 and U:8 the program works good, however when I JSR U:6 from the Main Program, It makes the Program go haywire, almost like a double coil syndrome. I start to see multiple outputs at the wrong times and stuff I did not even tell it to do. I thought this issue was fixed by assigning different bits to my outputs. Does double coil syndrome affect inputs as well? Am I using subroutines correctly? :confused: The input device is cmore hmi. Thank you all way in advance.

one thing that jumps out - is that you have quite a few timer instructions which have their Presets entered as ZERO ...

TIP:

just for testing/debugging purposes sometimes it's helpful to temporarily crank your timers up to VERY LARGE settings - to slow down the action and get a better feel for what's happening ...

couple things
file 6 rung 3- the last Unlatch has nowhere it ever gets set.
file 6 rung 27- TT bit doesn't match the timer address on Rung 26
File 6 rung 35- coil is duplicated at file 12 rung 0

I only looked at file 6. Maybe these items will help, but maybe not

The inputs make me wonder. They correspond one for one I vs. B until rung 7. Here an offset is introduced, as if an address was skipped.

As an aside, in the rungs with multiple OTUs, you could shorten the program by resetting bits en masse with a single properly loaded (and commented) AND instruction.